Varies: 15-20 hours per week
LOTUS Legal Clinic Overview
LOTUS Legal Clinic provides free legal services and paths to empowerment to victims of gender-based violence, sex and labor trafficking regardless of income throughout the state of Wisconsin. The main office (housing this position) is located in Brookfield, WI. Our attorneys meet with clients confidentially to provide individualized legal advice, consultation or representation following an incident of sexual violence or experiences of human trafficking.
Survivor empowerment services rely on the creative arts, humanities and mentoring to help individuals give voice to their experiences for healing and/or advocacy if they choose. At LOTUS, gender-based violence refers to crimes of sexual exploitation and violence, including sexual assault, sexual abuse, and sex trafficking. Lotus Legal Clinic does not handle family law, child custody litigation, or criminal defense cases.
The Director of Development oversees and implements a strategic approach to fundraising (~$950k annual operating budget) for our nonprofit legal services organization to include: major gifts, foundation, corporate and individual donations, grant solicitation, and in-kind resources.
This team member will, in conjunction with and reporting to the Executive Director:
- Build and execute the development plan (annual);
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations;
- Manage development database (Network for Good) and cultivate donor relationships;
- Coordinate, develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising/grant writing;
- Effectively describe and promote the organization to all stakeholders; and
- Strategize and implement organization of special events.
Aspects of this position:
- Collaborate with the Founder and ED to create and implement a fund development plan which maintains funder commitments while increasing revenue to support strategic organization goals
- Develop an annual fund development strategy that supports expenditure budget
- Build, implement, and monitor grant writing and reporting schedule
- Organize and evaluate fundraising activities on mission and supporting financial goals
- Prepare regular reports on progress, budgets, receipts and expenditure
- Manage Donor Relationships
- Identify and develop foundation, corporate, community and individual prospects
- Oversee the administration of a donor database
- Ensure donor recognition across all print, digital, and media platforms
- Oversee the planning and execution of special fundraising events as specified in the fund development plan
- Develop and implement promotional and sponsorship packages
- Coordinate, execute and monitor (Network for Good) fundraising campaigns
- Other tasks as assigned
- BA (required), MA (a plus), CFRE (preferred).
- Must have knowledge/experience of working with survivors of trauma and trauma informed care practices; proven ability to manage budgets, reports, and deadlines; demonstrated ability to work independently and as a flexible, and committed team member; demonstrated independent network in the donor community.
- Five-plus years of experience in development.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills.
Please forward a letter of interest, resume and salary requirements to Kate Knowlton, Interim Executive Director 2020, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LOTUS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in all ways and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.