The Membership Associate is a member of the WUWM professional staff with reporting responsibilities to the Membership Manager. The individual in this position is responsible for coordinating and implementing a membership acquisition and renewal program. Specific duties include:
- Write acquisition, renewal and special gift letters
- Implement and oversee mailings
- In conjunction with the Membership Manager, develop and implement program for lapsed members.
- In conjunction with the Membership Manager, work with the on-air team to develop scripts for on-air pledge drives
- Cultivate relationships with mid-level donors to increase giving
- Plan and organize special events.
- Maintain the membership database - produce and analyze regular reports, daily data entry, maintain the integrity and security of the database and PCI compliance
- Work with staff and advisory board on strategies to strengthen donor relations.
- Other duties related to fund raising at WUWM
- A bachelor’s degree
- 3 years of fund raising experience (including direct mail, telemarketing, personal solicitation and special events)
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and database experience
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Experience with “Raiser’s Edge” software.
- Knowledge of WUWM and/or public radio.
WUWM and UWM are AA/EEO employers