Membership in AFP affords a wide variety of professional benefits. Locally, AFP provides access to the largest network of professional fundraisers in all of Southeastern Wisconsin. Other benefits of membership include:
- Discounts on local monthly educational sessions with fundraising experts;
- Access to local mentoring program;
- Scholarships for conferences and financial aid for memberships;
- Opportunities to network via special-interest groups;
- Regular local and regional job listings delivered to your inbox;
- Admission to local members-only networking events with both emerging and seasoned fundraising professionals;
- Regular electronic membership updates;
- Members-only access to FREE webinars that count toward CFRE certification;
- Reduced fees for CFRE study sessions;
- Admission to members-only LinkedIn chapter discussion group;
- Opportunity to honor TWO donors annually at National Philanthropy Day; and
- Ability to practice leadership skills through board and committee service.
At the national level, benefits fall into three categories:
- Research and Practice Tools: Information on ethical principles and standards, access to the national website which houses thousands of documents on a variety of professional topics, toolkits for specific fundraising needs, and more.
- Professional Development: AFP Benefits and Compensation surveys, online and/or print versions of Advancing Philanthropy Magazine, free webinars, e-mail blasts, a membership directory, a consultants and resources directory, national job listings, and legislative activities.
- Member Discounts: International Conference on Fundraising, CFRE review course, Research Think Tank, books, Giving USA, and many others.
All of these components work together to provide members with the best tools possible to become better and more productive fundraisers.
To join now, please visit the AFP International Membership Page.
To request financial aid from the chapter to become a member, fill out our Membership Scholarship Application.