Position Summary: The Director of Development & Marketing, under the direction of the Executive Director, is responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of all fundraising programs in order to successfully meet the agency’s annual operating and long term/capital project funding goals. The Director of Development & Marketing will also oversee agency and event communications including marketing materials, publications, social media, media relations and the implementation of public relations/community awareness initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- In collaboration with the Executive Management Team, determine the annual and strategic goals for agency fundraising.
- Develop a sound development plan, budget and timeline to achieve clearly defined fund raising goals and corresponding systems of accounting and measurement.
- Coordinate, supervise and execute, as required, all fundraising and support activities including:
- Annual giving
- Major gifts solicitation
- Planned giving
- Grant writing
- Corporate and charitable foundation grant support
- Special Events
- Prospect research and cultivation
- Donor and volunteer relations, stewardship and recognition
- Strategic planning for development
- Secure funding for capital projects as determined by the Board of Directors
- Plan, coordinate and execute all marketing, public relations, community awareness and outreach efforts on behalf of Broadscope Disability Services, Inc., including but not limited to:
- Publishing an Annual Report/Community Impact Report
- Creating marketing materials using graphic design concepts
- Developing informational/educational publications for external outreach
- Overseeing the design and maintenance of the agency’s website
- Overseeing the content and posting of information on social media sites
- Overseeing the marketing of all special events and agency community activities
- Serves as a member of the Administrative Management Team
- Serves as the Development Department liaison to the Board of Directors
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Supervisory Responsibilities: manages and supervises Development Department staff, interns and volunteers
Competencies Required -To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Attention to detail; a proven self-starter who can work independently, prioritize tasks and follow through on assignments
- Problem Solving - Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings; Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Publication Design – use of Microsoft Publisher and Adobe Creative Suite
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Upholds organizational values.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Measures self against standard of excellence.
Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a strong appreciation for the mission of Broadscope Disability Services, Inc. and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Education and/or Experience - Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Communications, Marketing, Nonprofit Management or Business is required (a CFRE or Master’s Degree in these or a related field is preferred); 2-5 years experience in philanthropic fundraising; 2-5 years experience managing communications, special events and marketing initiatives.
Computer Skills - Knowledge of Excel spreadsheet software and Word Processing software required. Knowledge of Donor Perfect donor software a plus. Experience with social media marketing required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations – CFRE (Certified Fund Raising Executive) a plus.
Other requirements – Occasional evening and weekend work associated with special events and projects. Individual must maintain a valid driver’s license and have access to an insured vehicle.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, and climb stairs or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment varies.
To Apply: Email cover letter and resume, including salary requirements, to email@example.com